A&M Aquatics: Work with Fish and Coral Job Opportunities
Get the chance to work for an award-winning Michigan Top 50 Company.
Work with live marine animals from all areas of the world.
Gain firsthand experience in all aspects of marine husbandry.
Local tropical fish wholesaler, located about 15 minutes from campus, has a hands-on position that involves working in our fish room. You will have the chance to work with and learn about live marine animals.
Junior Aquarist – Part Time (4 positions open - 2 for mornings and 2 for afternoons)
- Senior Aquarist - Full-time Opportunity for the right person also available with benefits.
Include, but are not limited to:
- feeding marine fish and invertebrates
- water quality testing
- tank cleaning
- filtration maintenance
- cleaning aquariums
- opening incoming shipments
- assisting in packing shipments.
- Marine aquatic knowledge is an advantage, but full in-house training will be given
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Able to lift 40 lb. boxes
- Must be able to commute off campus
Part Time Hours
Note: If you can’t work at least 3 shifts a week please do not apply at this time. We do not have openings for those with less availability.
Monday-Friday 8 am - 12 noon (4-hour shifts)
Monday-Thursday 1 pm- 5 pm (4-hour shifts)
*Both shifts may require 1-2 evenings per week (approximately 6-9 pm) for assistance with opening incoming shipments.
Respond to Bbackus@amaquatics.com. Send a cover page explaining why you should work for our company and your resume.