IBIO 341: Fundamental Genetics Overrides
Enrollment is on a first-come, first serve basis using MSU's Schedule of Courses.
Once the course is full, follow these steps:
- Do not contact the professor or the department office for an override. If you do, staff will direct you back to these same steps.
- Keep looking for a seat on Schedule of Courses.
- Add your name to the IBIO 341: Fundamental Genetics Override Request List. The override request form will open two weeks prior to the start of the semester.
Other IBIO Class Overrides
- Keep trying to get a seat on Schedule of Courses. Enrollment changes a lot, especially the week before classes start and the first week of classes.
- Only the instructor can give you permission for an override. The instructor's name is listed in Schedule of Courses. Contact the instructor directly via email to discuss an override. The professor's e-mail address can be found using MSU People Search. If the instructor is not listed in Schedule of Courses, you must wait until the name is listed to request an override for the course. Seats in laboratory courses are limited. If the course is full, ask the instructor if there is a waiting list.
Non-IBIO Courses Overrides
- Keep trying to get a seat on Schedule of Courses.
- Overrides must be requested directly from the department offering the course. Check the department's website to see if their override policy is listed. If the policy is not listed online, contact the department for more information.